Cyprus Villa Escapes Terms & Conditions
1. Definitions: The following terms shall unless the context otherwise requires to have (whether with or without the definite article) the following meanings.
‘the agency’ – Cyprus Villa Escapes and/or Trading as Cyprus Villa Escapes
‘the owner’ – Legal Owners or leaseholders of the holiday accommodation ‘Deposit’ – 30% of the total cost of the holiday or the full amount if booked less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday ‘Holiday maker’ – persons making the booking to include all parties staying in the accommodation booked.
2. Except where otherwise specified, we Cyprus Villa Escapes (“the Agents/we/us”) act solely as booking agents for the owner (“the Owner/Owners”) of the holiday property in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any Property, services or arrangements you purchase (“Property”) or for the acts or omissions of any Owner(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any Property. For all Properties, your contract will be with the Owner or lease holder of the Property in question. When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Owner(s) of the Property. The contract between the holiday maker and the property owner begins when the booking form and deposit has been received and confirmed by the agents.. Details of the Owner or lease holder will be provided upon request.
3. You may decide to make one or more bookings with us at the same time. The price charged in total for more than one booking will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual booking. All arrangements are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they are when more than one booking is made. This means that any multiple bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
4. By signing the booking form or ticking the relevant box on our website, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them on behalf of yourself and all members of your party.
Booking and Payment
5. Please note that until we notify you in writing that the booking has been accepted by the Owner, the booking is not definite and no contract between you and the Owner exists. Provisional bookings will be held for up to five days pending receipt of your deposit and booking form.
6. In order to confirm your chosen Property, you must pay the deposit specified in the booking form as required by the Owner in question (or full payment if booking within 8 weeks of departure). You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums and booking fees. If the deposit is not paid in full within 5 days, any provisional booking may be cancelled without reference to you. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Owner will exist when we have received your deposit in full and we send you written confirmation on behalf of the Owner.
7. Please check your written confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
8. If you have paid a deposit, the balance of the rent specified in the booking form must be paid to us in full by the balance due date specified on your invoice (which is usually at least eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday period). If full payment is not received by the balance due date we will notify the Owner who may cancel the booking and re-let the Property. The deposit will then be forfeited and the Owner may charge further cancellation fees.
9. Except where otherwise stated, all monies you pay to us for a booking will be held by us on behalf of the Owner(s) concerned.
Changes and Cancellations by you
10. Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email, or post, and will take effect on the day we receive it. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt; therefore you are advised to also confirm all changes with us by telephone. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Owner of the Property (where applicable).
11. Once your booking has been confirmed, it is an express condition that the whole of the rent is payable even if you are unable for any reason to take up your reservation in full or in part. In all cases of cancellation the 25% deposit is forfeited. Where possible, on being informed in writing of a cancellation we will endeavour to re-let the property, however this is entirely at our discretion and is done simply to assist you from a customer services view. If we are unsuccessful you remain responsible for the balance of the rent. We recommend that you arrange suitable holiday cancellation insurance to relieve you of all or part of your responsibility for the rent if you have to cancel.
Changes and Cancellations by the Owner
12. We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Owner needs to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Owner in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the supplier but we will have no further liability to you.
13. You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party, covering you in particular for cancellation. Some Owners require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
Accuracy of Brochure/Website details
14. Cyprus Villa Escapes have inspected all the Properties and have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the descriptions in advertising and on the website are true and accurate. We do not accept any liability for errors contained in the descriptions or for any misrepresentation based on information provided by the Owner. The information and prices shown in this website may have changed by the time you come to book your Property. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the brochure/website information and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen Property with us at the time of booking.
15. If on arrival at the Property you do not consider that it complies with the description in the brochure (or website) or if you do not consider that it is fit for your use, you must advise us and the Owner (if available) immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made. We will not deal with any complaint arising out of the alleged defect or mis-description of any Property unless notice is lodged within forty-eight hours of your arrival at the Property. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints raised after the Property has been vacated when the Customer has denied Cornish Escapes Holiday Cottages or the Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
Our responsibility for your booking
16. Your contract is with the Owner of the Property and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Property. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Property that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
17. Because the contract for your booking is between you and the Owner, any queries or concerns should be addressed to them, however we will endeavour to assist you where possible. If you have a problem whilst at the Property, this must be reported to us immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Owner to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result. If you wish to complain when you return home, please write to us. We will then liaise between you and the Owner in order to resolve your complaint. Contact details for the Owner will be provided on request.
Law and Jurisdiction
18. These Agency Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in the event of any dispute.
19. Except by prior arrangement confirmed in writing, no more than the maximum number of persons as stated in the description may occupy a Property. Owners reserve the right to refuse admittance or revoke the booking if this condition is not observed. You shall not receive any refund in these circumstances.
20. You are responsible for the Property and are expected to take reasonable care of it. The Property and all its equipment must be left clean and tidy at the end of the holiday period. You agree to pay for any losses or damages to the Property caused by you or a member of your party (except reasonable wear and tear) unless the costs can be fully recovered under the Owners insurance. (b) We reserve the right to reasonable access to the Property by us, the Owners or their staff. (c) You or other adult members of your party must properly supervise any children occupying the Property during the holiday. This includes any children who you or other members of your party invite onto the Property.
21. If the holiday Property should not be available owing to damage by fire or storm or for any reason outside the control of the Agents or the Owner, the Agents will, on behalf of the owner, refund the full amount of any monies paid by you to them but the Agents and the Property Owner’s liability is limited to the refund of such monies.
22. Whilst every effort is made to ensure you have a good holiday neither the Agents nor the Owners are able to prevent building or maintenance work being carried out on neighbouring or adjoining properties owned by third parties. The presence of such work does not entitle you to cancel the booking nor to claim a partial or full refund.
23. You must return the key of the Property to the person from whom it was obtained immediately at the end of the holiday period.
Please note that the following information is provided to you as a guide only in order to assist you with your booking but specific details may vary depending on the Owner in question.
24. Check in times for Properties will usually be from 4.00 p.m. on the first day of the booking with check-out at 10 a.m. on the day of departure. Owners do not usually accept bookings for more than 4 consecutive weeks for any one booking.
25. Small items accidentally left by customers at the end of their holiday will generally be returned free if they fit into an envelope. Items requiring packing other than an envelope will only be returned on receipt of payment for post and packing. Items that remain unclaimed after a period of six weeks will be disposed of.
26. Pets. Where pets are allowed to stay in the Properties, it is on the express condition that all the rules relating to pets set out in the terms and conditions are strictly adhered to. Properties may have their additional pet policies which will be given at the time of booking. Our standard pet policy is only one pet accepted. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture. Pets must never be left unattended in a property. Pets must not be allowed to cause a nuisance to other guests or neighbours of the property. Pets must be picked up after and no excess pet hair must be left in the property. If the housekeepers are required to pick uo excrement of have reason to spend extra cleaning time due to pets a minimum fee of £50 will be charged or taken from the security deposit.
27. Garages and Parking. Please note that Garages where mentioned are usually only high enough for standard saloon cars and may not be suitable for four wheel drive vehicles. Parking where offered, is entirely at the user’s risk.
28. Towels. These are only provided at the Properties where towels are mentioned in the description. One bath towel and one hand towel will be provided per person.
29. Where Broadband is available in a Property, neither Cornish Escapes Holiday Cottages or the Owner can be held responsible for connectivity problems, loss of Internet service or any other problems resulting from the use of the Broadband service.
30. Some Properties require a security deposit. This covers the cost of any damage, loss or additional cleaning that is caused by you or your party. The deposit will be refunded to you within ten days of the end of your holiday provided you or your party have not caused any loss or damage and the accommodation has been left clean and tidy.
31. The Cyprus Escapes properties may require an electricity deposit to cover any access use over any free air conditioning. Full details of the fair usage policies available on request.
32. No electrical appliances (other than radios, mobile telephones, portable computers, and other small consumer electronic devices) may be brought into the Property without the Owner’s express permission. Fireworks are not permitted to be used or brought onto the Property or grounds unless the Owner has given express written permission for them to be used or brought in.
33. Each property may have its own terms and condition which can be found under the appropriate property listing. Please read these before booking.